Teal Product Updates: a Roundup of our Newest Releases, Features, and Functionalities.
Use Teal’s AI Functionality to Enhance Your Resume and Cover Letter Instantly
Resume creation can be a time-consuming and stressful process that requires a lot of guesswork and leads to a ton of uncertainty during your job search. And don’t even get us started on how frustrating creating a cover letter can be!
But there is a better, faster, and more efficient way to create the essential assets you need to land your dream role. And it’s much more attainable than you might think.
Now, with Teal and ChatGPT, all Teal members can generate professional summaries, write resume achievements, and craft compelling cover letters in seconds.
Not only will these assets be created quickly and easily, but they’ll also be crafted with the help of your previous work experience and the job description you’re applying for. When you tailor your resume and cover letter to specific jobs, you can feel confident submitting high-quality job application assets.
Watch the video or follow the steps below to learn how to use and access these features inside your Teal account.
How to Use Teal’s GPT-3 (AI) Features
AI is an excellent tool to speed up your processes, but it needs your help to create the highest caliber result. We recommend tweaking the assets AI generates for you to ensure you aren’t falsely claiming any achievements or capabilities that aren’t true to your work history.
To start, we’ll dive into some basic Teal steps to ensure you have a fully filled-out profile and a job saved within your Job Application Tracker for your application process. These steps will help you ensure you receive the best possible AI outputs.
- If you haven’t signed up already, create a Teal account on our website for absolutely no cost or obligation.
- After creating an account, download the free Teal Google Chrome Extension.
- Next, log into your web browser account and select the AI Resume Builder on the left-side navigation bar.
- From there, click the menu button on the top right. Then you should choose “Import your resume or LinkedIn.” We suggest importing your LinkedIn profile if it’s accurate and up to date.
- After you enter your work history, start browsing for jobs online and save them within the Job Application Tracker Google Chrome Extension. You can do so by clicking on the Teal Duck in the bottom right-hand corner of your browser and selecting “Save job.”
Once you’ve entered your work history and found a few roles you’d like to apply to, you can use Teal’s AI functionality to generate custom AI-generated summaries, achievements, and cover letters!
- Access the AI Resume Builder. Your imported resume or LinkedIn should be active in your account. The sections with checkboxes will be visible on your resume. AI will use this information to generate your job search assets.
- To ensure the best possible answers, match one of the jobs you saved in your Tracker with your resume. You can do this by clicking the “matching” icon on the top right navigational bar and selecting the job your applying to first.
- Scroll until you reach the “Professional Summary” section, then click “Generate with AI.”
- If you don’t love the response, edit it or select “Regenerate with AI.” All members will get two AI-generated professional summaries. With Teal+, you can access an unlimited amount. Once completed, save the best answer.
- Follow the same steps above to create AI-generated resume achievements. The only change you’ll see is that you can access the resume achievements by clicking on any of the existing achievements in your resume. You can also access the AI functionality when you click “Add an Achievement.” All members get five generated achievements for free, and Teal+ members have unlimited access.
- Once you’ve matched a job, completed your summary, and feel solid about your resume and achievements, you can start the cover letter process. To create a cover letter, you’ll want to select the furthest right paper icon on the top navigation bar. Again, you’ll choose “Generate with AI.” All members get one cover letter for no additional charge.
And that’s it! We hope that now you’ll be able to save a significant amount of time and can instead focus on the other essential parts of your job search like networking, sourcing opportunities, and actually applying to roles.
We can’t wait for you to test out these new features and tell us what you think. Again, if you haven’t signed up for Teal yet, you can do so here. And if you’re already using Teal and are interested in upgrading to Teal+, visit the “My Account” section of your dashboard.
Exciting new changes are now live inside the Teal AI Resume Builder.
At Teal, we’re working hard to empower as many people as possible to grow their careers in 2023. And we’re excited to start that journey with some new, highly requested product updates to our Teal AI Resume Builder.
Below, we’ll dive into each one, what it is, and how it can help you in your job search.
A WYSIWYG editor is available in the professional summary section.
- A WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor is an editing system where the content can be created or modified on the product’s interface. This will allow you to customize your professional summary with bullets, links, spacing, and bolding. Now you can call out specific keywords, skills, or achievements up front and center more precisely.
You can now duplicate items on your resume.
- You can officially save even more time in your job search by automatically duplicating items on your resume, like achievements. If you're applying for roles with multiple versions of your resume and want to keep most of your achievements the same but slightly tweak specific keywords, this feature will be a lifesaver. No more copy/pasting or re-writing similar resume achievements from scratch.
A new field is open to add company descriptions to your resume.
- This field is great for job seekers who want to add context to their resumes. You may have worked for a small company and would like to explain their product and services to people who wouldn’t know otherwise. Perhaps you’d like to showcase that you’re an expert in a particular industry by mentioning that industry beneath each job title, or maybe you’d like to display the company’s size on your resume. All of this is now possible with the new company description field.
A WYSIWYG editor is available in the education section.
- New grads, get excited! The following two updates are just for you. We’ve added a WYSIWYG editor to the education section of the resume builder. If you don’t have much work experience yet, this is a great place to add relevant coursework, activities, and projects. With this new addition, you can customize this section as much or as little as you’d like.
A new field is open to add your GPA to your resume.
- And finally, we have added the ability for you to input your GPA into your resume. Again, this will also be extremely helpful for individuals who have a limited amount of work experience. With your GPA on full display, you can help future employers see that you are a high achiever and top performer!