What's Ahead: A Look at Teal+
A Note from Teal's Founder & CEO, Dave Fano
We founded Teal almost three years ago with the core belief that the job search process should be more equitable for job seekers. In the time since, we’ve spoken with and learned from tens of thousands of job seekers, whose thoughtful input and shared experiences have helped shape our tools and resources.
From the Chrome extension and LinkedIn Profile Review tool to our Job Application Tracker and AI Resume Builder, we wanted to build a free, easy-to-use platform that would empower as many people as possible to run an effective job search and feel more in control of their careers.
We’re committed to building a lasting company that both does good and does well—and part of that means having a sustainable business model so we can continue to support job seekers for years to come.
After providing Teal for free to over 85,000 job seekers, we have some updates on our next step as a company:
- Over the coming week, we’ll be rolling out and testing our new premium product offering, Teal+.
- There’s no action necessary for existing Teal members at this time. We so appreciate your continued support throughout this journey, and to say thank you, we want you to have continued access to the exact tools and features you have today—indefinitely.
- As we release new paid features and premium products down the line, existing members will have the option to upgrade to Teal+ — but again, the features you have for free today, you’ll have for free forever.
- We’re still committed to anyone being able to run an entire job search for free with Teal forever—everyone deserves a baseline set of tools at no cost—but new Teal users who want to further leverage the intelligence that our team has built and speed up their job search even more can upgrade for an enhanced experience.
- We appreciate you sharing, recommending, and referring friends and colleagues to Teal—and we hope that you’ll continue to do so. We’ll be building out a referral program in the coming months (stay tuned for updates!) but in the meantime, we’ll be shifting our language, no longer referring to Teal as “100% free.”
New Teal users can use the majority of the tools for free (more on that below!) or upgrade to one of the following Teal+ memberships, choosing between a one-time or recurring payment:
- $79/3 months
With the free version of the platform, users can still:
- Bookmark and track unlimited jobs
- Create unlimited resumes
- Bookmark and track unlimited contacts and companies
- And much more
In addition to these features, Teal+ members will get:
- Unlimited keywords (hard and soft skills) listed in the job tracker
- Unlimited communication templates
- Unlimited analysis in the AI Resume Builder
- Unlimited access to resume-matching keywords
- No ads across the entire platform
Here’s a breakdown of what that looks like for new users:
We’ll be rolling out more tools—both free and premium—in the coming months, and looking out for other ways to help job seekers through programming, content, and additional tools.
As always, feedback is welcomed. Again, thank you for helping us get to this point.
—Dave and the Teal team