If you've spent any time job searching in the last few years, you don't need us to tell you it can feel impossible. Our goal: to make it less stressful, more seamless, and much easier for job seekers to manage their careers all in one central place.
After all, HR teams having applicant tracking systems to help organize candidates and applicants; why shouldn't you have an equivalent to track your job search and keep tabs on your progress?
And so in 2019 we set out to build Teal, envisioning the first personal career growth platform—one that could level the playing field for job seekers. Thanks to the support of 400,000+ Teal members, advisors, and brand advocates, we're well on our way to doing just that.
We wouldn't be here without you—which is why we're excited to roll out a brand-new version of our referral program.
How job seekers can use the Teal referral program
Instead of investing in ads through big companies like Google or Meta, we want to invest in you. Why? Because we believe in you. And we want you to be rewarded for helping Teal grow.
Ultimately, as a Teal member, we want to empower you to land your dream job. The best way we can help is by providing you with Teal+—and the best way for you to get Teal+ for free is by sharing it with others. It's a true win-win.
Here's how it works:
- For every 5 people who sign up for the free version of Teal using your unique referral link, you'll receive a $9 credit—equivalent to one week of Teal+ (our premium offering).
- Once you have your $9 credit, you have the ability to use it for a free week of Teal+ or put it toward an existing membership.
- The more friends who join Teal through your referral link, the more rewards you'll earn.
- The only caveat is that the person you refer must complete the sign-up process using your link. (They don't need to upgrade to Teal+ or do anything else for you to get credit; the sign-up alone counts as a success.)
- Want an example of where to share your custom link? We suggest social media posts, on your LinkedIn page, in an email or text message to friends, family, or colleagues, in Slack or Discord channels. (There are built-in message templates and email invites on the "Referrals" page of your Teal account.)
Again, a huge thank you for championing our mission and supporting Teal's growth these past few years. We're excited to see what the future holds, and to create even more tools and resources to help you take charge of their career growth.
Have feedback about the referral program? Things you'd like to see in the next iteration? Our inboxes are open: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to use Teal's personal career growth platform in your job search
Curious to learn more about Teal and what it offers? The following features are integrated into our tools:
- An AI Resume Builder that lets you quickly customize your resume for each of the roles you're applying for and see which keywords, hard skills, and work experience to highlight.
- One central place to organize and manage the multiple versions of your resume you're creating.
- A Job Tracker to keep tabs on the status of each application (which recruiter you're waiting to hear back from, which jobs to send follow-ups for and when, etc.)
- A Chrome extension that lets you save jobs, contacts, and companies from LinkedIn and 40+ other job boards to one main dashboard (no more Google Sheets or Trello boards!)
- A Contacts Tracker where you can save information for each of the recruiters, hiring managers, and networking contacts you speak to throughout the informational and formal interview process.
- A Company Tracker to track the organizations you're most excited about.
- A LinkedIn profile review tool to help you analyze your profile and optimize it so that it's easily searchable and stands out to recruiters or hiring managers.
- An Autofill Application feature within the Teal Chrome Extension that leverages AI to help you fill out online applications so you can submit to new roles more quickly.
- Built-in tips and guidance to help you navigate your job search end to end.
Sign up for Teal and kick off your job search today.