Requirements for Senior Video Producer
- Five or more years experience creating videos in an array of styles ranging from educational direct-to-camera, video podcasts, animated explainers, and short documentaries
- Technical knowledge of cameras, lighting, and audio; you are just as comfortable shooting solo as you are directing a small crew on set
- Highly creative with a strong sense of visual design and storytelling
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere; experience with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Essential Graphics a big plus
- Very strong attention to detail, organization, and time management while balancing multiple projects at a time
- Experience communicating and coordinating with C-level executives and business leaders preferred
- Willingness to jump in wherever needed to help a shoot and the team succeed
- Contagious curiosity and passion for entrepreneurship and technology
Responsibilities for Senior Video Producer
- Craft videos and series using the technical skills you’ve honed–including research, writing, shooting, editing, design; the more you love to do the better
- Take ownership of our promotional and brand marketing videos
- Guide internal and external subjects (often with limited on-camera experience) through the filmmaking process
- Supervise freelance editors, animators, designers, and on-set crew; review their work and provide feedback in a timely manner
Our full benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental plans, infertility benefit, STD/LTD, life insurance, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, health savings account, 401(k) + 4% matching, generous parental leave, paid holidays and flexible paid time off policy.
About this position
We’re seeking a multi-talented Senior Video Producer to join as an integral part of our growing team. You’ll help build a slate of original Youtube series, collaborating closely with the Video and Content Lead and leading your own projects from pre-production to publication. We’re looking for people who love experimenting in a fast-paced environment, creatively embrace constraints and are excited about building a culture of storytelling at Y Combinator.
This job is no longer online. We keep it on here for reference only.
$120,000 to $150,000 + bonus (depending on skills and experience)
Go To job Listing
San Francisco Bay Area
Y Combinator (YC) is a startup fund and program. Since 2005, YC has invested in nearly 3,000 companies including Airbnb, DoorDash, Stripe, Instacart, Dropbox, and Coinbase. The combined valuation of YC companies is over $300B. YC has programs and resources that support founders throughout the life of their company. Startup School teaches the basics of starting a company. The YC batch program helps founders as they build their product, talk to their customers, and raise funding. Work at a Startup makes it easy for founders to find their first engineers. YC Series A helps founders launch their A round. YC Growth Program provides founders with resources to scale their companies and hire an executive team, and YC Continuity invests in their later stage rounds.
Move your Job Search from “Applied” to “Interviewing”
Get the Free Teal Job Tracker