Requirements for Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Experience architecting complex systems and services
- Enjoy collaborating with product roles (designers, Product Managers)
- Love the idea of contributing to DevOps, SRE, and Quality practices.
- Passionate about staying up-to-date on current trends and best practices in web applications, including performance, security, and usability
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, analytical, a problem-solver, and can function well in a self-directed, team-oriented environment
- Experience building web applications that delight customers and the developers working on them
- Prior experience working in a fast pace startup is a plus
- Love breaking new ground/working on greenfield projects
- Enjoy working in a value-focused/iterative environment
Responsibilities for Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
- Influence foundational technical decisions and set architectural direction
- Take ownership of features and functionality that have direct business impact
- Write code with a test driven approach and take great pride in the quality, resilience and performance of your code
- Experiment and be scrappy to help the team make informed data-driven decisions
- Influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive change across the entire customer experience
- Care about UX and design in addition to writing robust resilient code
- Think at scale while building software for growth
- You’ll have the opportunity to work in many technologies, including Go, Typescript, Node, AWS, GraphQL, DataDog, and Postgres DB
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) with 100% premium covered
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible, remote WFH culture
- Access to the iconic Hearst Tower & its facilities in NYC (should you choose to be in person)
About this position
We’re hiring a back-end focused senior engineer to join our growing and collaborative Project Logistics team. In particular we are looking for an experienced person in architecture and design for a microservices and cloud environment. This is a unique opportunity to work on a greenfield market research platform that connects brands and consumers.
This job is no longer online. We keep it on here for reference only.
Go To job Listing
$135,000 - $150,000
Highlight is an in-home product testing platform that lets you do good research fast. We streamline everything from recruit to data set, including all the logistics of getting your product to your target customers, whether they are cat-owning millennials or women over 50 in California with oily skin looking for retinol.
Move your Job Search from “Applied” to “Interviewing”
Get the Free Teal Job Tracker