- You have 3+ years of experience working with web technologies and frameworks.
- You have extensive experience with web technologies. We are language agnostic in our interviews but require experience with one or more common web frameworks.
- You understand some of the technical concepts around scaling.
- You are well-versed in writing tests, have some experience in writing different types of tests, and understand the best practices.
- You’re a systems thinker, concerned not only with individual component parts but with how those parts work together holistically.
- You’re pragmatic, recognizing that, while there are multiple approaches to solving a problem, it is important to weigh practicality over theory when decision-making.
- You are a strong communicator with engineers as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Gain a deep understanding of the software development process at Alma and how the engineering team operates.
- Collaborate with teammates, PMs, and peers to understand and prioritize solutions for practical problems facing Alma engineers.
- Implement features that help to improve the engineering team's development process (Developers' environment, testing environment, deployment pipeline).
- Work with the Platform Infrastructure team to maintain, simplify and reinvent the systems underlying the application platform. (Job queues, caching layers, error handling, monitoring, and alerting)
- Provide high-quality documentation and training to set engineers up for success.
- Ensure applications and services meet Alma's standards for software, including performance, scalability, and security.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
About this position
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Platform Engineer to join our team. We are dedicated to designing, implementing, and maintaining Alma’s technology infrastructure. In this role, you will build services and tools that solve real problems for Alma’s engineering team. The ideal candidate can recognize that successful software development requires communication, experimentation, and iteration.
On this scaling team, you will have a strong hand in defining how Alma's engineering team approaches and executes software development. The ideal person for this role loves to work with other teams to design and build amazing systems._ _
Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 8,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory or work with our Client Matching team to receive personalized recommendations and individualized support. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.