- 5+ years work experience in the online community/ customer engagement space, with at least 3+ years experience leading globally distributed teams at large organizations.
- Experience strategizing and producing community content and high-quality digital and in-person events from concept to planning, production, execution, and retrospective.
- Experience building and executing engagement programs across different geographic regions and languages.
- A keen eye for prioritization and continuous optimization. You have the ability to discern the urgency and importance of work. You seek out creative ways to leverage the full potential of our existing tools, and advocate for novel solutions.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to clearly and concisely communicate an idea, or overall project/ program status to gain buy-in for key initiatives, new and existing.
- Strong emotional intelligence, that’s balanced by a data-backed, solution-oriented mindset. You’re able to gather quantitative and qualitative data, and distill it into thoughtful opportunity areas and recommended solutions that have clear scope and deliverables.
- A proactive nature, a sense of urgency, and a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond to meet the needs of the community.
- Expert knowledge with the following tools: Khoros (fka: Lithium), Asana, Salesforce, Looker.
- Build the strategy for the Seller Community engagement, and be accountable to its growth and success through measurable KPIs and qualitative feedback.
- Lead a talented team of Engagement Community Managers in their work, regularly offering coaching and advice to help them grow their careers in the community industry.
- Working with your team, build and execute an engaging, proactive content and event calendar (digital and in-person) that brings repeat traffic and new members to the Seller Community.
- Design strategic programs and engagement campaigns to target regions, specific verticals/industries, products, and/or identity groups.
- Evangelize the community internally, working to increase internal adoption and to raise the overall visibility of the program by working closely with our global, cross-functional partner teams.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to set, meet, and exceed engagement targets. Monitor community health, and design and test relevant interventions as needed to ensure we reach our goals.
- Be willing to break the rules. 😉 Scalable CS regularly challenges all team members to think differently, and find a better way to solve problems. We move quickly, and we work with intensity.
- Develop and modernize our processes to best represent Square in both public and private conversations across the internet and socialsphere. You will be an advocate for new technologies and strategies to reduce agent and customer effort across the digital realm.
- Explore new channels and opportunities to engage with our customers and prospects across the public web in spaces ranging from Twitter to Facebook, third-party review sites, and other small business forums.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams like Marketing, Sales, Public Policy and more to support Square’s social impact work and improve the lives of small business owners across the globe and further our narrative of supporting small businesses with big business results.
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
About this position
Square’s Customer Empowerment team brings our sellers to the table with legendary experiences that empower entrepreneurial growth and connection. We believe some of the best ideas and strategies for growing a business come directly from our small business community and work tirelessly to elevate them internally and externally. With this in mind, we are committed to turning our seller’s questions into commerce and in making big business ideas every business’ reality.
As the Square’s Global Community Engagement Lead, you will help us fulfill our mission by building programs where business owners from around the world can come together to share ideas, ask questions, solve challenges, and elevate the role of small business owners in our economy. You’ll execute on this vision by leading creative & scalable engagement programs to increase peer to peer connections and conversations in our online Community.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Square is currently available in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK, Japan, Ireland, France, and Spain. Square offices are located in San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, New York, Atlanta, St. Louis, Scottsdale, Dublin, London, Toronto, Melbourne, and Tokyo.