- Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of equivalent work experience.
- Minimum six year(s) of experience managing and supporting Windows desktop OS, MAC OS, managed endpoint administration at scale across an enterprise sized environment.
- Strong understanding of the Windows Desktop OS architecture, packaging, scripting and automated deployment tools (SCCM, MDT, PowerShell), MS Office Suite, Active Directory, GPO, Citrix and Bitlocker administration.
- Strong understanding of the macOS architecture, packaging, scripting and automated deployment tools (JAMF).
- Experienced managing desktop environments using Microsoft and macOS technologies for user and computer management, software updates, application installations and environment monitoring.
- Experience with Windows Server, Windows Desktop OS, macOS configuration and deployment in a large enterprise environment.
- Ensuring physical and virtual systems are compliant within required security standards.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client experience and tier three support.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with ability to change priorities on the fly.
- Adheres to department and IT protocols, procedures and service level agreements.
- Experience working with application deployment and packaging tools (SCCM, Flexera AdminStudio, Wise Package Studio, JAMF)
- Strong working knowledge with scripting languages – PowerShell, VBScript, shell scripting/batch files.
- Strong diagnostic and root cause analysis skills
- Significant technical background and hands-on experience with Windows Desktop OS design, administration, configuration, security, Active Directory and Domain Management,
- Group Policy Management, automation and packaging of Windows Desktop OS and platform applications, as well as with the macOS and related automation platforms.
- Endpoint hardware configuration, installation, and maintenance experience.
- Software packaging, installation, maintenance experience.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes.
- Development of test cases/procedures and training documentation.
- Command line and strong automation skillset based upon infrastructure as code concepts.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment or as an individual contributor.
- Must be well versed in dealing with staff that is both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to organize and work on multiple projects concurrently, often under strict time constraints.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Perform implementation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance within Windows OS and SCCM environments and the Apple Macintosh and JAMF environments.
- Windows desktop OS, Windows Terminal Services and Macintosh image creations, customization of features and deployment across enterprise.
- Create software packages via various methods including packaging for physical and virtual desktops (VDI) for automated unattended deployments.
- Leveraging automation to supplant tedious administration tasks. On Windows, this includes PowerShell, SCCM and GPOs. On the Macintosh, this includes JAMF and shell scripting.
- Meet endpoint support and service delivery objectives through the design, development and delivery of custom solutions related to automation, monitoring and application performance optimization.
- Oversee the deployment of security patches for operating system and desktop applications.
- Provide tier three support across the enterprise for issues related to the desktop OS and applications. Ensure all client requests and operational problems are updated/resolved within a timely manner.
- Maintain standardized system configurations across operating environments utilizing configuration management framework and automation.
- Packages applications for distribution via client management tools.
- Evaluate new products/services and provide effective solutions to meet client needs.
- Ability to identify and evaluate desktop OS and application solutions that enhance the security of the desktop environment, while balancing overall user experience and ease of use.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
About this position
The role of the Desktop Endpoint Engineer Consultant is to design, build and implement endpoint configurations including Windows and Macintosh OS and user applications across both virtual and physical desktop environments. In addition, the Endpoint Engineer works closely with Desktop Support Technicians to provide tier three technical support and serves as an escalation point for core end user endpoint. The individual in this position is responsible ensuring that all desktops OS and applications are current, reliable, tuned and accessible in accordance with service level agreements.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts.