This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Senior Software Engineer, Systems Engineering at Xealth, you will play a crucial role in architecting and deploying scalable and maintainable container-based software in a cloud/container environment. Your responsibilities will include site reliability engineering (SRE) and ensuring seamless integration between software architecture, developer experiences, and cloud deployment. You will contribute to the design and development of new APIs and services, as well as workflow solutions around Electronic Health Record message processing. Additionally, you will enhance automation and processes for continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) and work towards building effective service level objective (SLO) based alerting and monitoring solutions. Join Xealth and make a significant impact on the healthcare industry by applying your software engineering skills.
- Architect, design, and develop scalable enterprise SaaS applications in the public cloud
- Write reusable, testable code
- Mentor other engineers and help build a learning environment for the team
- Work on a cross-functional team and drive process improvements across the organization
- Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently and speak up when issues arise
- Make a real, positive difference in other people's lives through your work
- Seasoned engineer with demonstrated record of producing clean, well-architected and maintainable software, well-versed in SOLID principles and other best practices.
- Enthusiasm for open-source cloud technologies and developing elegant container-based solutions for Kubernetes, delivered using GitOps.
- Expertise in Kubernetes, both administering and extending, is strongly desired.
- Extensive experience debugging a host of challenging problems around scaling, memory, concurrency, consistency, system issues, etc. in a cloud environment, preferably using AWS and Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with Software Engineers, Product, Product Management, and customer liaisons as a Systems Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer.
- Experience developing production-grade software (container and serverless) for AWS and/or Kubernetes using Typescript and Node.js.
- Full understanding of authentication, authorization and other security issues, both at application (OAuth2, etc.) and infrastructure level (VPC, IAM, network policy, etc.).
- Expertise in issues and challenges around API design (REST, GraphQL, etc.).
- Solid record of dealing with a variety of database technologies (NoSQL, relational, memory caches, etc.).
- Experience delivering scalable solutions that involve asynchronous message processing, queuing, and workflow processing.
- You have extensively used a variety of AWS services and configured infrastructure as code (IaC, using Terraform or similar technologies) and CI/CD (GitOps, GitHub Actions, etc.).
- Proficiency around monitoring, observability (metrics, logs, traces), and SRE principles and best practices.
- Curious and experimental technology enthusiasm and engagement to move the needles forward on adoption of best-in-breed solutions.
- Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company
- 8 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents, with an additional 4 weeks unpaid leave & 4 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents, with 8 weeks of unpaid leave
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies. Xealth covers 100% of employee premiums. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs.
- Xealth provides your laptop and offers $250 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- Generous learning & development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- 401k Match: Xealth offers a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3%.
- All full-time employees are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 10 standardized holidays.
- Xealth provides a $500 yearly fitness stipend to spend on staying active.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.