This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Presales Engineer at Planet, you will be responsible for demonstrating the value of Planet's data and services to help organizations within the US Government overcome their earth data challenges. You will collaborate with internal teams to enhance Planet's industry offerings and act as a trusted advisor to customers, recommending solutions architecture that fits their business challenges. Additionally, you will be involved in account development plans, sales strategy execution, and mentoring team members. This role requires excellent communication skills, technical expertise in GIS and Remote Sensing, and the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance.
- Build and deliver presentations and product demonstrations highlighting technical capabilities of Planet's platform and fulfilling customer's business needs.
- Create relationships with customers' technical and management staff as a trusted advisor to their business.
- Recommend solutions architecture that fits customers' business challenges.
- Assist with the response to tenders, RFI's, RFP's, proposals with respect to product/solution information.
- Determine account development plans and execute a strategy to engage customers and prospects.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to act as the voice of the customer.
- Attain quarterly and annual sales and operational objectives assigned by management.
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies and industries.
- Interface with all Pre-Sales Engineers globally, building a community to improve the team's technical and sales skills.
- Present to key US Government stakeholders.
- Act as a mentor to team members and lead training to drive their development.
- Support the US Government and/or community.
- Communicate effectively in English.
- Work with GIS and Remote Sensing users within the United States Federal Government.
- Utilize expertise with QGIS, SocetGXP, ArcGIS, GDAL, and other common geospatial software packages.
- Successfully communicate and coordinate with international customers and sales team.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and proactive working style.
- Multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Program with Python to process imagery, manipulate vector data, interact with APIs, and build data pipelines.
- Lead customer engagements.
- Run workshops or training sessions with users.
- Obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance up to TS/SCI.
- 5+ years of experience supporting the US Government and/or community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with GIS and Remote Sensing users within the United States Federal Government
- Expertise with QGIS, SocetGXP, ArcGIS, GDAL, and other common geospatial software packages
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with international customers and sales team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and proactive working style
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to program with Python to process imagery, manipulate vector data, interact with APIs, and build data pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer engagements
- Ability to run workshops or training sessions with users
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance up to TS/SCI
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.