Speed up your resume creation process with the AI-Powered Resume Builder. Generate tailored achievements in seconds for every role you apply to.
Automation testers are responsible for developing, executing, and maintaining automated tests in order to ensure the accuracy and quality of the software. Your resume should highlight the technical abilities you have that are related to test automation, such as the tools and programming languages you are experienced with, as well as your successes in improving and optimizing the test automation. It is important to demonstrate an ability to collaborate with developers to facilitate efficient software delivery.
An experienced Automation Tester wth rich experience leveraging QTP/UFT, Selenium, and LoadRunner to develop and maintain automated test scripts and facilitate quality assurance for web applications. Restructured and improved the test automation framework, resulting in a 20% reduction in time spent conducting tests, and consolidated automated tests, reducing time spent on manual tests by 60%. Regularly communicated with developers, executed tests, developed test plans and standardizing test cases to ensure product quality and timely product delivery."
6/2022 – Present
- Effectively developed and maintained automated test scripts to validate accuracy and integrity of web applications with QTP/UFT, Selenium, and LoadRunner.
- Reviewed and updated test cases as needed for nightly builds and optimized as needed for production releases.
- Analyzed testing results to locate, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a timely manner to ensure product quality.
6/2020 – 6/2022
- Restructured and improved the test automation framework, leading to a 20% reduction in time spent conducting tests
- Created and refined automation test scripts with Selenium to facilitate quality assurance for web-based applications
- Regularly communicated with developers to ensure that all test objectives were being met during software development
1/2020 – 6/2020
The Spark Company
- Consolidated automated tests and reduced manual tests by 60%, resulting in improved product quality and accelerated product delivery
- Executed smoke, integration, and regression tests to ensure the proper working of features on various platforms while adhering to quality standards
- Developed test plans
- Created and standardized test cases
- Identified and logged bugs
- Maintained test records and reports
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Expert knowledge of automated testing tools including QTP/UFT, Selenium, and LoadRunner
- Familiarity with web application testing and automated web testing
- Proficiency in developing, maintaining, and optimizing automated test scripts
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix technical issues in order to ensure product quality
- Experience in restructuring and improving the test automation framework
- Familiarity with test execution, smoke tests, and integration tests
- Highly skilled in developing test plans and creating, standardizing, and documenting test cases
- Aptitude in identifying and logging software bugs
- Expertise in consolidating automated tests and reducing manual tests
- Ability to effectively communicate with developers to ensure all test objectives are met
COURSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Certified Software Tester (CSTE)
QAI Global Institute
Bachelor of Science in Engineering
2016 - 2020
University of Washington