- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has 6+ years of experience working in an enterprise SaaS environment—and, as a plus, has practical experience delivering sales and marketing projects.
- Has experience with distributed systems, microservices, and API platforms, as well as an understanding of data storage and migration strategies.
- Has experience designing and building integrations between first-party and third-party applications and services.
- Can build web applications or services in Java.
- Knows security best practices for web applications and internal systems.
- Has a history of partnering with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders and communicating trade-offs related to spending and bandwidth.
- Design the architecture to support our massive marketing and sales engines.
- Build tools that will enable us to achieve more efficient spending.
- Open revenue streams related to our promotional channels.
- Collaborate with both our B2B and B2C teams to propel profitable growth.
- _Professional growth: _We hire people we trust and give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- _A connected team: _Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- _Comprehensive benefits: _Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- _For Colorado-based employment: _The salary range for this position is $111,000 – $239,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
About this position
As a Back-End Software Engineer, you will help scale Grammarly’s user base more quickly and efficiently. By leveraging data from our various advertising platforms (e.g., Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads) and go-to-market stack (e.g., Saleforce, Pardot), you will create opportunities for prospective users to discover our product offerings. You will also work closely with our different functional teams, including Demand Generation, Paid Acquisition, Affiliates, Lifecycle Marketing, and Revenue Operations, as well as our Engineering teams, such as User Identity, Billing, Core Data, and Grammarly Business, to increase user conversion and ultimately drive user engagement.
At Grammarly, we strive to help people understand one another, whenever and wherever they communicate in English. Every day, 30 million people and 50,000 teams around the world rely on our real-time suggestions to strengthen their writing and say what they really mean. Grammarly supports streamlined and effective writing. Our suggestions help identify and replace complicated sentences with more efficient ones, refresh repetitive language, and uphold accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.