- 4-8 years of analytical and problem solving experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, sales/business operations, analytics, investment banking, or finance
- Quantitative with mastery in data, analytics, and visualization technologies through a combination of SQL (strong proficiency), Excel (proficiency with elegant analyses and models is a must) and Looker (or similar data visualization tool)
- Experience applying quantitative analysis and logical reasoning to influence outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships and influence across the organization
- Proactive and excited to dive into tough problems and build new processes / deliverables from scratch; you develop frameworks to support strategic decisions and are skilled at detailed execution
- Use data to lead analysis and actionable recommendations to shape program design, operations, and strategy
- Partner with Sales leadership to identify growth levers, set performance targets, define KPIs, create scalable reporting, and provide insight to drivers of pacing against goals
- Guide financial analysis to understand the efficiency of the Sales team and inform resourcing and future investments across Sales programs
- Collaborate with partners in Finance, Account Management, Marketing, Partnerships, Automation, and more to promote Sales growth and profitability
About this position
The Strategy & Analytics team within Sales & Account Management is building the data-driven programs and technology to increase team effectiveness and improve the experience of businesses that use Square's ecosystem of products. We are a team of Analysts, Technical Program Managers, and Program Managers, who work with Sales and Account Management team members, as well as Automation, Marketing, and Customer Success to guide progress against our organizational and company-wide priorities.
As a Business Analyst focusing on Afterpay and Square Sales, you will identify areas to improve the efficiency and impact of the teams, develop metrics and data visualizations to understand team performance, and contribute to our global growth strategy. We're looking for individuals who are ready to make an impact in a hybrid role of analytics, strategy and planning, and financial analysis.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Square is currently available in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK, Japan, Ireland, France, and Spain. Square offices are located in San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, New York, Atlanta, St. Louis, Scottsdale, Dublin, London, Toronto, Melbourne, and Tokyo.