- Self-starter with experience working in a Customer Success, Account Management, or similar customer-focused role, and a proven track record of meeting or exceeding renewal goals
- Strategic thinker that can effectively balance representing/advocating for both Chief and the member
- Comfortable owning KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and adhering to detailed operating procedures
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in fast-paced, ever-evolving work environments
- Able to present to and influence at all levels, including executive and C-level
- Creative problem solver who is confident leading complex conversations
- Passion for the Company’s mission — to change the face of leadership
- Achieving both individual and team retention goals on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Executing on monthly renewals process across all markets - ensuring that each member who reaches out for support has an impactful touchpoint that drives their retention
- Managing a large pipeline and high volume of inquiries
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Chief’s services, products, and network
- Serving as the voice of member to help the broader Chief team continue to iterate on services
- Working cross-functionally with other teams and stakeholders on projects designed to improve member retention
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends
About this position
Member retention is integral to supporting Chief’s mission, and is a top goal for our organization. The Member Success Manager (MSM) is a key individual contributor, responsible for achieving monthly member retention goals and contributing strategic improvements to our membership renewals strategy. MSMs maintain deep knowledge of Chief’s products and services to offer support and guidance as members embark on their future years of membership. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of exceptional executive presence, proven sales acumen, and customer success operational skills. We are looking for someone with experience owning renewals, establishing and maintaining strong relationships, strategic communications, and leveraging data to drive decisions.
Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, and, soon, San Francisco.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.