- You have between 5 - 7 years of experience in an in-house legal department, handling contract drafting and closure, administration and management of contracts, or other relevant experience.
- You have excellent ethical judgment, are able to balance competing demands on your time, independently function in a dynamic environment, and can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience and humor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Ironclad or similar contracts management system.
- Prior experience using some of or all the following technology applications: Microsoft Word, and Docusign.
- Prior experience using Salesforce is helpful.
- Self-starting, proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver outstanding, thoughtful, user-experience focused results in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working in high-growth companies is strongly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment.
- Negotiate and draft licensing and cloud contracts for Elastic in the Americas and NDAs globally, while working directly with the company's legal and other SMEs and your sales partners.
- Support the contract administration lifecycle, including responding to and tracking inbound requests, basic review and contracts interpretation, routing requests to team members for response, archiving and maintaining confidentiality of all work material.
- Enablement Elastic's implementation of its Contracts Lifecycle Management (currently Ironclad) and serve as its primary system administrator.
- Support the management of forms, playbooks and procedures in support of Customer contract initiatives.
- Do you thrive in a collaborative environment? This role will collaborate with team members across the global Commercial Legal function and other functions including Product Legal, Marketing, Legal Operations, Deal Desk, Sales Operations, and others to help Elastic accelerate our business as smoothly and responsibly as possible.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
About this position
Reporting to the company’s Senior Contracts manager, we are hiring a Contracts Manager to join the legal department in this fast growing, truly globally distributed company. This position is ideal for an experienced contract manager who has significant experience in handling licensing and cloud contract negotiations. We will consider candidates located anywhere in the United States.
Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe.