- At least (5) years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio with examples of previous Content Design work specifically showing how you improved user experience through language, from interface copy to style guides and beyond.
- Experience being embedded in a product design team with whom you collaborate closely.
- Experience navigating ambiguity and lack of structure.
- Strong attention to detail with regard to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Comfortable providing feedback on UI/UX designs, asking thoughtful questions about product strategy, and applying learnings from quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience using design software tools like Figma and Sketch.
- Be hands-on — writing and editing copy across four product teams. This includes the smallest micro copy to the most visible headlines and everything in between.
- Help the Product Design team become more efficient by developing processes and workflows for collaborating with Content Designers.
- Drive best practices for Content Design in collaboration with our design systems team as well as other Content Designers across the company.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and leads across the organization, and effectively speak to processes and value of the writing discipline.
- Partner with marketing writers to define how our brand voice is expressed within our products
- Apply metrics, data, design research, usability testing, customer support insights, and more to inform content and language decisions.
- Manage and prioritize your workload of multiple projects with different collaborators.
- Experience writing for B2B audiences
- Experience writing for FinTech
- Experience creating copy guidelines, working with design systems
- Familiarity with accessibility standards
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience in marketing or brand writing
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
About this position
The Square Point of Sale and Customers team is looking for a Content Designer for Square's core Point of Sale, Invoices, Bill Pay, and Franchise Suite products. You will partner closely with product designers, product managers, researchers, as well as engineering and legal to increase usability and ease of use across our products. You’ll also help to build the processes we will rely on to grow the Content Design discipline within our team and across the company.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Square is currently available in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK, Japan, Ireland, France, and Spain. Square offices are located in San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, New York, Atlanta, St. Louis, Scottsdale, Dublin, London, Toronto, Melbourne, and Tokyo.