Tencent is an internet service portal offering value-added internet, mobile, telecom, and online advertising services. Its communications and social platforms Weixin and QQ connect users with each other, with digital content and daily life services in just a few clicks. Tencent has maintained steady growth under its user-oriented operating strategies. It provides value-added internet, mobile, and telecom services, as well as online advertising under the strategic goal of providing users with "one-stop online lifestyle services." Tencent’s Internet platforms in China – QQ (QQ Instant Messenger), WeChat, QQ.com, QQ Games, Qzone, 3g.QQ.com, SoSo, PaiPai, and Tenpay – aim to address the various needs of internet users, including communication, information, entertainment, e-commerce, and others. In September 2013, Tencent's market valuation rose to $101 billion, and as of November 21, 2013, QQ had 2 billion active users and WeChat had 650 million monthly active users. The numbers of active users for QQ mail, Qzone, Tencent Weibo, and QQ news were 274 million, 626 million, 220 million, and 150 million, respectively. Tencent was founded in November of 1998. In April 2000, the IDG and PCCW invested a total of $2.2 million dollars in the company. Tencent was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (SEHK) on June 16, 2004. Baidu, Alibaba, and Netease are Tencent's major competitors.
Tencent's core mission is centered around enriching the lives of its users by providing innovative digital solutions and fostering a connected world. As a leading global technology company, Tencent strives to empower individuals and businesses through its diverse range of products and services, spanning across social media, entertainment, gaming, and financial technology. By continuously investing in cutting-edge technologies and nurturing talent, Tencent aims to drive progress and create a positive impact on society, ultimately shaping a more inclusive and sustainable digital future for all.
- Integrity: Tencent values honesty and integrity in all aspects of its operations, striving to maintain the trust of its users, partners, and employees.
- Innovation: Tencent fosters a culture of innovation, encouraging employees to think outside the box and develop new ideas that push the boundaries of technology.
- Collaboration: Teamwork is essential to Tencent's success, promoting a collaborative atmosphere that values diverse perspectives and supports shared problem-solving.
- Customer focus: Tencent is committed to providing the best possible user experience, prioritizing customer needs and feedback in its product development and service offerings.
- Social responsibility: Tencent recognizes its role as a responsible corporate citizen, striving to make a positive impact on society through philanthropy, environmental sustainability, and ethical business practices.
Lau Seng Yee
CEO & Executive Director
No items found.