- You have 4+ years experience creating, supporting and editing proposal documents, including government (US and International) and non-profit proposals
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- You have exceptional written communication skills. You produce clear, concise and compelling presentations of products and services for a prospective client audience.
- You are self-motivated and highly driven, able to meet aggressive RFI/RFP response deadlines with a high level of quality
- You are able to consolidate and edit technical content from multiple contributors while ensuring proposals are clear, easy to read, and maintain a consistent messaging and voice
- You have a demonstrated ability to collect and analyze data and make detailed recommendations based on client needs.
- You thrive in a high stakes sales environment, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing landscape.
- Research, create and edit responses to specific questions contained within RFPs. This may require independently seeking information from different sources within Mailchimp to satisfy inquiries from potential clients.
- Research market and competitor knowledge to become familiar with market trends, to effectively and present competitive and persuasive proposal responses.
- Work with the Mailchimp Sales team to create accurate, detailed and compelling RFI and RFP documents focused on client needs.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and proposal contributors to articulate complex facets of products and services
- Utilize input from Mailchimp Marketing, Sales and Engineering to update proposal templates and presentations for prospective client engagements.
- Lead kick-off meetings and strategy sessions related to proposal projects
- Ensure responses follow brand style and tone guidelines
- Create, develop, and maintain proposal content library and knowledge management system
- You have worked in a consultative background with any of the large consulting firms in processing research or RFI/ RFP response
- You have prior experience as a RFI/ RFP writer in marketing technology
- You have previous experience with RFI/RFP in Salesforce
- You have a PMP Certification
About this position
We are looking for a skilled bid writer to support the Mailchimp Sales team. The role will focus on supporting our Sales team in the pre-sales cycle by creating compelling and useful RFI and RFP documents for prospective client opportunities to help the organization articulate value and win new business.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.