Director, Analytics - Asset Risk and Portfolio Management
August 25, 2023
This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Spotter is a leading provider of growth capital for YouTube creators, empowering them to unleash their creative potential and succeed at scale. They offer tailored investments to meet the unique needs of each creator, allowing them to reinvest in their businesses and maintain control over their content. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with data insights to optimize their performance and maximize the value of their content. The Director, Analytics - Asset Risk and Portfolio Management plays a crucial role in assessing the performance of Spotter's portfolio and providing strategic insights to company leadership. They will monitor asset performance, evaluate portfolio trends and risks, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive growth.
- Monitor asset performance, risk tolerance metrics, and perform in-depth portfolio analysis of a $700MM+ portfolio of unconventional assets and present key findings and recommendations to company leadership.
- Evaluate and adopt new and existing tools and portfolio management techniques to effectively identify and assess portfolio trends and risks.
- Proactively and reactively create in-depth analyses and prepare reports including but not limited to portfolio concentrations, asset pricing exceptions, stress testing, and high-risk exposures.
- Construct tests and learn plans that quantify the impact of new initiatives.
- Evaluate asset performance in the context of platform level trends and share macro learnings across analytics teams.
- Support and train junior team members on tools and technical tasks to guide their learning while supporting the organizational analytics needs.
- Build partnerships across functions such as finance, content operations, ad sales, and finance. Create and sustain a network of strong relationships.
- BS in a technical or math-oriented discipline
- 6 - 10 years of work experience in analytical/quantitative roles
- Expert level proficiency in Excel, particularly pivot tables, power pivots, data models
- Expert level proficiency using SQL and/or Python/R for ad-hoc analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot data-related issues
- Strong storytelling skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in PowerPoint and / or Google Slides
- Preferred: Management Consulting/Investment Banking backgrounds
- Preferred: Experience managing a large asset portfolio
- Preferred: Knowledge of the YouTube or Content Creator industry
- Preferred: Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, TIBCO Spotfire, Looker, or Tableau
- Ability to understand and analyze data and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex questions
- High level of comfort with quantitative concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- Best-in-class analytical/critical/creative thinking skills
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters