We’re setting out to level the playing field for job seekers, building a truly consumer-first platform that equips people with the tools, technology, and resources they need to feel empowered to achieve career growth on their own terms. Our long-term goal: to help people make confident career decisions from the day they start working to the day they retire—and that starts with the job search.
We’re looking for a fully remote, US-based Social Media Manager to support the architecture and execution of all social media efforts across Teal’s owned channels and social media platforms.. You will be working directly with our Head of Brand & Content and Growth team to grow Teal's member base and ensure it aligns with business objectives. Join us as we build the first truly consumer-first platform to help people grow and manage their careers.
- Ideate, concept, and create organic written and video content (primarily short-form) for Teal’s social media accounts, including TikTok, YouTube (+Shorts), LinkedIn, and Instagram, though platform scope may evolve over time
- Own the social media content creation process end to end, partnering with the Growth team on strategy and then running point on planning, creating, posting, and analyzing content across multiple platforms
- Measure and analyze the impact of social content and identify areas of improvement and iteration
- Own the social media editorial calendar and ensure we’re tapping into themes, trends, and campaigns in a strategic manner
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in style and quality, optimized for user experience across multiple platforms, and ties back into Teal’s broader business goals
- Oversee social media community management, including responding to DMs and comments, engaging with followers and members, and serving as the eyes and ears of the brand on social channels through monitoring and social listening
- Identify on-brand influencer and content creator partnerships and brainstorm and execute campaign concepts
- Optimize YouTube videos with SEO-informed titles, tags, keyword-rich captions, thumbnail images, etc.
- Collaborate with the Growth team to concept and create content based on broader team goals, campaigns, and initiatives
- Work hands-on with various social media platforms, with a strong understanding of best practices for each channel and what each one requires for successful storytelling
You Have Experience
- 2+ years of experience managing and growing a brand’s organic social presence on TikTok and YouTube, ideally from the ground up and in the B2C space
- Planning and executing organic social media campaigns and analyzing their effectiveness
- Creating engaging written and video content and understand the why behind what’s most effective
- Experience being on camera (or are willing to be!)
- Working autonomously, manage multiple projects, troubleshoot creative challenges and deliver on schedule
- Video editing in mobile apps like CapCut, InShot, etc.
- Experience working in a startup environment or an interest in working for a fast-paced, early-stage startup
- Experience with SaaS and B2C marketing
- Interest in the technology and career growth space
- Experience in graphic design is a plus (Photoshop, Figma, Canva, etc.)
Skills & Tools You Will Use And Learn
Need to Know:
- LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Canva
Nice to Know:
- Amplitude, Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Ahrefs, Hotjar, Webflow, SurferSEO, ClearScope, Klavio or Braze, Figma, Airtable
- Twitter, Facebook, Reddit
What Awesome Looks Like
- You have a good understanding of Teal’s current content strategy and processes, workflows, and team dynamics and are comfortably integrated into the team
- You’ve audited the social content on Teal’s channels and have recommendations for how we can improve the content across those channels
- You’ve successfully created and published content to Teal’s channels and have fully taken over ownership of the social media editorial calendar
- We are in flow, moving at speed because of the prior foundational work, and getting into the rhythm of being a well-oiled content machine
- You’ll advise on which social media content we should be creating across channels and finding creative ways to serialize it thematically to drive engagement and user sign-ups
- We’ll see growth on TikTok and YouTube specifically that directly correlates to the strategy you’ve implemented
- Your work on the social media front has helped us double our number of social media followers while maintaining above-average engagement rates
- You’re able to creatively iterate with the team to make suggestions about how we can take our social media strategy a step further, whether that means expanding to other platforms or trying different formats to reach new audiences
What We Offer
- Salary: $80,000/year
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- No company wide meetings on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- Career development stipend
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, earned 1 week for each month of tenure
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance (depending on chosen plan) & 401K Benefits with up to 4% company matching
- As mentioned we are fully remote, however once per year we pay for the entire company to fly to the same city for a week of fun projects and general team building, think hackathons, boat rides and great food.
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
About Teal & Our Hiring Practices
Who We Are
A small team of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals passionate about helping people build meaningful careers. Our backgrounds range from Architecture to Digital Design and from Human Resources to Software Engineering. We are travelers, pet lovers, musicians, parents, scuba divers, podcasters, readers, gamers, croquet players, and puzzle masters. We focus on aligning intentions, resulting in fewer miscommunications, fewer meetings, and better outcomes. We adhere to a “what-by-when” mentality, which means the hours you keep are up to you, and we value your ability to set expectations and do your best to meet them.
Our Hiring Process
- We read every application and make our best effort to reply to everyone.
- Please read the job description. We love when people strive but if you do not meet more than 50% of the requirements, we are less likely to respond.
- Goal: High level qualifications & mutual fit
- 30 minute zoom with 1 Teal person
- We make sure to preserve 10 minutes for your questions.
- We will provide the question and guidance in advance.
- Goals: Deeper understanding of qualifications
- 1 hour zoom with 1 to 2 Teal people
- First 30 minutes we will dive into a past project
- Second 30 minutes we will talk through a current Teal challenge
- All material will be provided in advance
- Goal: Meet more of the Team
- 30 minute zoom with 1 to 2 Teal people
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.
Apply for this role
It won't take too long, we promise. All you'll need to do is answer a few questions and upload your resume. We hope to hear from you!