- Natural leadership instincts with a proven ability to innovate
- Prior experience working as a Growth PM or experience in Product Marketing
- Proven record of shipping high-quality products at scale
- 12+ years of product management experience
- An entrepreneurial work style, you're a self-starter
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work well with designers and engineers
- An analytical and metrics driven work style
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience at a startup or consumer internet company
- Demonstrated excellence in using principled decision-making to manage diverse stakeholders, including peers and executive leadership.
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Passion for Square and new technology
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Define the core product vision for your area of ownership
- Organize, lead, and coordinate the activities for a team of PMs contributing to your area of ownership
- Gain agreement from executives and other senior team leaders
- Own delivery of product initiatives and releases that have unique and differentiated aspects
- Write user narratives to imagine the experience a customer may have
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements and constraints for product initiatives and releases
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to edit the service and product
- Prioritize and sequence product initiatives against a mandate
- Perform market research and analysis
- Anticipate non-obvious risks and resolve highly complex issues.
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
About this position
The Ecosystem team builds products and platforms that support sellers at every step in their Square journey; this includes engaging marketing pages, intelligent onboarding flows, insightful dashboards, and more — all with the goal of making it frictionless for sellers to get started and grow their business with Square.
As the Product Lead on the Discovery team, you will lead a team to build products that bring together Square’s services in one easy-to-use experience. Your scope will not just be individual features, but scalable systems that help sellers manage their businesses more efficiently across all of Square. You’ll work with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to address high-impact seller problems, partnering with other Square teams and Square leadership.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Square is currently available in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK, Japan, Ireland, France, and Spain. Square offices are located in San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, New York, Atlanta, St. Louis, Scottsdale, Dublin, London, Toronto, Melbourne, and Tokyo.