This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Since launching US operations in 2017, GiveDirectly has led three record-setting hurricane responses, the world’s largest privately funded COVID relief program, and three of the U.S.’s largest guaranteed income programs – committing more than $280M in direct cash to low-income Americans. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can build and expand on this success: setting a strategic vision that maximizes dollars delivered to the poor, executing new programs with excellence, building robust relationships in the US cash space, and cultivating the team.
- Lead vision-setting and strategic planning for US Country Team.
- Articulate a compelling country strategy that aligns with the organization’s global goals and builds on the success and capabilities of our global team.
- Set US Country operational and revenue goals and create roadmap for success.
- Own US revenue targets: drive fundraising opportunities, build and manage high quality relationships with donors.
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities and build a robust pipeline of projects to enable growth in the US.
- Deep experience and track record of success closing deals and maintaining strong, relevant, useful networks of contacts.
- Serve as the US Country Team’s external spokesperson (with press, peer orgs, partners, funders). Identify and pursue external opportunities to amplify GD’s brand.
- Determine the appropriate staffing structure for team sustainability and growth, that will include direct reports (Senior Managers/Program Directors) as well as a broader team of Managers and Associates.
- Serve as a representative of the US team internally with executive management.
- Create a strong team culture rooted in GD’s values. Cultivate and grow exceptional talent.
- Own a rich project management plan to ensure operational excellence across delivery of all US programs.
- Identify and evaluate strategic and operational risks across programs, ideate and execute strategies to mitigate risk.
- Serve as analytical support and thought partner, assisting team in clearing hurdles and bottlenecks to execution.
- Exceptional alignment with GiveDirectly Values and active demonstration of core competencies
- 10+ years of relevant management experience
- Advanced partnership and fundraising capabilities
- Strong understanding of the US poverty and policy space
- Demonstrated ability to lead and set strategic vision at a national level
- Team management experience, including hiring and building teams
- Outstanding relationship management abilities
- Exceptional communications skills: written and verbal, including with senior audiences
- Strong organizational and/or project management skills
- Problem solver with an analytical and iterative mindset
- Ability to travel ~1-2 times per year to one of our countries of operation for team retreats or field visits
- Language Requirement: English
- Language Preferences: Additional languages encouraged