This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
This role is for a leading technical member of the Search Back-end Infra team at Faire, an online wholesale marketplace. The role involves developing next-generation search capabilities, focusing on search retrieval and ranking applications while meeting industry benchmarks for search latency. The ideal candidate will have experience with search/query processing, machine learning systems for search, and search indexing/ETL pipeline systems. Strong programming skills and a willingness to learn new tools and techniques are also required. This is an opportunity to work on cutting-edge search query and understanding problems, leveraging machine learning to support local retailers and independent brands.
- 5+ years of industry experience with search/query processing for product development
- Experience with traditional, semantic, and hybrid search frameworks (e.g. Elasticsearch, Lucene, Solr, FAISS)
- Experience using machine learning systems for search
- Experience with search indexing and/or ETL pipeline systems
- Strong programming skills, including experience with Kotlin, Java 16, JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, Jersey, HTTP, JSON, and Protocol Buffers, and MySQL
- An excitement and willingness to learn new tools and techniques
- The ability to contribute to team strategy without supervision
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with others in a closely collaborative team environment
- Flexible work model with options for remote work or a mix of office and remote work
- Opportunity to work with a closely collaborative team
- Ownership and participation in the founding process of the business
- Use of technology and data to level the playing field for brands and boutiques
- Focus on helping customers grow their business
- Curiosity and resourcefulness encouraged in problem-solving and decision-making
- Backed by top investors in retail and tech
- Equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression
- Commitment to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.