This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Software Development Engineer in Test at Kin, you will play a crucial role in the QE automation team. Your responsibilities will include working closely with developers and QE engineers to determine the approach for automated testing, implementing and maintaining feature, integration, and regression tests, troubleshooting issues, and improving existing test automation. You will also contribute to continuous improvement of testing and automated processes, collaborate with various stakeholders, and participate in code reviews. With a focus on software testing and test automation experience, this role requires expertise in QE techniques and hands-on experience with test frameworks and scripting languages. Kin offers a range of benefits, including remote work, medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a generous equity package.
- Write and execute test cases to ensure development outputs meet acceptance criteria, technical specifications, and product goals
- Document software defects in bug tracking system and monitor bug resolutions
- Investigate, test, and debug complex issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Write and maintain unit tests and automated test suites
- Analyze automation test results and present analysis
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with various teams to determine root cause and resolution
- Perform automated regression and performance testing
- Plan and conduct the analysis, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of large and complex projects
- Collaborate with various stakeholders in multiple technical disciplines including developers, business intelligence, data engineers, devops, and architects
- 4+ years of software testing experience
- 3+ years of software development / test automation experience
- Background in software testing and product knowledge in the design of tests
- Experience with QE techniques, such as black box, white box, and gray box approaches for smoke, regression, functional, user acceptance, and exploratory testing
- Hands-on work experience with setting up and maintaining test frameworks in selenium or similar tools. Bonus if experienced with Rspec and Capybara.
- Experience creating XPath queries and functions
- Experience using Git or other source code management tools
- Experience with deployments, CI/CD tools, AWS, and database migrations
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.