This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
LearnUpon is seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join their team in Ireland or Serbia. This role involves leading the design of a scalable learning management system (LMS) and contributing to the company's culture. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in software design and development, with proficiency in object-oriented programming languages. They should also possess strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues. Experience with cloud-based services and large-scale distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Drive impact and innovation while building and shipping software at scale.
- Provide architectural guidance and mentorship to up-level the engineering organization.
- Identify problems and opportunities and lead teams to architect, design, implement and operationalize systems.
- Actively improve the level of craftsmanship by developing best practices and coaching.
- Work closely with and influence product and/or technology partners regularly to help define roadmap.
- Participate in on-call emergency response rota.
- Resolve conflicts between teams within the organization to get alignment and build team culture.
- Review others' work and share knowledge.
- 10+ years of experience in software design and development in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C/C++, Ruby, C#...
- Hands-on experience writing and shipping high-quality, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Able to effectively communicate technical ideas to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Experience debugging in a data-heavy environment (e.g. Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience with stream processing at scale (e.g. Beam/Flink/Storm/kafka/GCP) and related tools.
- Working experience with cloud-based services such as AWS, Google cloud, or Azure.
- Strong Design, coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and collaboration capabilities.
- Experience leading a large organization (considered a big plus, but not required).
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events
- Excellent career progression
- Structured learning environment
- Competitive salary and company ESOP
- Employer Contributed Pension
- Private health insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off
- Flexible Working Arrangements - work with your Manager to determine the best working hours and location (home, office, hybrid) in order to help you balance work and family life, and to suit your lifestyle.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.