This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this position is as follows: Focal Systems, a leading retail AI solutions company, is seeking a skilled and experienced professional to join their team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for driving features and improvements in firmware and software designs, as well as contributing to documentation and educational content. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background, with expertise in C++ and Python, as well as experience in embedded firmware/software development and image processing. Additionally, knowledge of Machine Learning and familiarity with ML tools and OpenCV would be advantageous. This is a full-time, remote position based in Poland.
- Apply technical knowledge to drive features and improvements including architecting, prototyping, implementing, and maintaining complex firmware/software designs
- Write clean, easy-to-understand, robust, testable, reusable, sustainable code tailored for embedded systems
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback
- Generate and evaluate functional and design specifications
- Work with multi-functional teams to determine software architecture and specifications to meet product requirements
- Work with project leaders to define assignments, schedules, quality expectations, and other project criteria
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve them by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, software, or service operations and quality
- Develop and maintain various engineering tools used to debug, analyze, and test embedded products
- Possess a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Have 6+ years of professional experience
- Be knowledgeable in Raspberry Pi (RPi) and an expert in C++/Python
- Have a background in embedded firmware/software development, image processing, ARM/DSP processor architecture, software development and debugging skills in C & C++, etc.
- Have an understanding of Machine Learning (ML) and familiarity with ML tools and OpenCV (a plus)
- Possess good analytical skills and good written communication skills
- Have experience in working on zero-to-one product development at scale (strongly preferred)
- Have experience in quick prototyping using Raspberry Pi (strongly preferred)
- Have a startup mentality, be a team player, and be able to adapt quickly.
- Location: Poland based candidates only. Fully remote in Poland
- Type: Full-time, B2B Contract paid in USD
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 6+ years professional experience
- Knowledge Raspberry Pi (RPi) and must be an expert with C++ / Python
- Background in 2+ of the following: embedded firmware/software development, image processing, ARM/DSP processor architecture, Software development and debugging skills in C & C++
- An understanding of Machine Learning (ML) and familiarity with ML tools and OpenCV are a plus
- Good analytical skills and good written communication skills
- Experience in working on zero-to-one product development at scale is strongly preferred
- Experience in quick prototyping using Raspberry PI is strongly preferred
- Startup mentality, team player and able to
- Competitive salary and attractive stock options
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly Team Retreats
- Education grants
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.