This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a passionate and experienced software engineer to join our Platform Services team at Very Good Security (VGS). As part of this team, you will be responsible for various cross-platform services such as authentication, authorization, observability, and billing. Reporting to the Sr. Engineering Manager, you will engage in all phases of the software lifecycle and contribute to the development and support of our services. We value code quality, innovation, and collaboration, and we are looking for someone who shares these values and is excited to contribute to our world-class product.
- Engage in all phases of the software lifecycle- design, implement, test, deploy, and support services in production.
- Maintain a culture of code quality through rigorous testing, automation, and code reviews.
- Be proactive and innovative- provide feedback to build a world-class product.
- Be a part of a team that believes in transparency, collaboration, grit, and humility.
- Go above and beyond what is required to do the right thing for customers and the company.
- Have fun while doing all of the above.
- 6+ years experience in hands-on software development preferably in a product company
- Hands-on experience in software architecture, design and development in a Cloud SaaS environment
- Solid understanding of cloud-native architecture, microservices, CI/CD (CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Argo), GitOps, Authentication and Authorization, Docker, Kubernetes (EKS), Kafka (MSK), Java, Spring Framework, Python, and AWS services
- Strong experience in Observability solutions using Grafana, Honeycomb, Prometheus, DataDog and Open Telemetry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible work hours and flexible PTO
- Competitive health benefits
- VGS stock options
- 401k plan, with employer matching 4% and immediate vesting of employer match (available only for US employees)
- Life & disability insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts, dependent and healthcare FSA (available only for US employees)
- Global parental leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Internet reimbursement
- New hire home office set up allowance
- Professional learning reimbursement
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.