This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Storable is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their all-remote Marine product team. The role involves designing and developing systems for their Marine reservation, storage, and service software. The company is focused on creating innovative experiences in the Marine Industry and is undergoing a shift in architecture, making this an opportunity to shape the future of their technical approach. The ideal candidate should have a passion for coding patterns and technical design, be comfortable in an open-ended dynamic environment, and have experience with Node.js, relational databases, and cloud technologies.
- Design and develop the Reservation, Storage and Service Software platform
- Improve the ability to shift quality to the left in the application engineering process
- Communicate and coordinate effectively within the squad, across the technology team, and with business partners to deliver on top priorities
- Work with other engineers to encourage engineering best practices, demonstrate effective designs, and write maintainable, reusable code
- Contribute to documentation and testing of reservation, storage, and service applications
- Contribute to the software design of reservation, storage, and service applications to improve development velocity, maintenance cost, testing, functionality, platform independence, and performance
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications across multiple tech stacks
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Write effective test cases to validate software functionality
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up to date with the latest technologies
- Make improvements to existing code as needed
- 4+ Years with Node.js (Typescript)
- 4+ Years with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL)
- 5+ years of professional work experience in software development
- Proficient with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Soft skills to support a positive and productive team environment
- Willingness to learn and work across varied tech stacks to deliver new features
- A self-starter with the ability, passion, creativity, and confidence to independently problem solve and produce results
- Ability to work remotely in an environment conducive to productivity
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software design patterns
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of software testing methodologies and best practices
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with React
- 2+ Years experience with PHP (Nice to have)
- 2+ Years with C# (Nice to have)
- Experience with Angular (Nice to have)
- Experience with Websockets (Nice to have)
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours.
- Instant-access and flexible vacation policy.
- Company rewards and recognition that can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences.
- Celebrations for company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers, and more.
- Offsite volunteer and community service events with volunteer PTO time.
- Opportunity to take a mental health day outside of normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- 'Paw'ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement policies.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet.
- Home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.