This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Ava Labs is seeking a talented individual to join their world-class blockchain development team. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the improvement and implementation of networking mechanisms on Avalanche, as well as develop new networking protocols for novel Virtual Machines. The ideal candidate is passionate about blockchain technologies and believes in their potential to create a more fair and free world. They should also have a strong coding background and a drive to work collaboratively with other talented contributors. This is a fully remote position with a competitive salary range.
- Perform simulations and analyze historical data of existing networking mechanisms on Avalanche to improve their efficiency and robustness
- Research and implement new networking protocols that can be used by novel Virtual Machines
- Develop primitives to efficiently synchronize state throughout the Avalanche Network (i.e. generic state sync)
- Demonstrate capability in subject area (open source code or published work is a bonus)
- Have experience in Rust, Golang, Java, or C++ programming
- Believe in a future where blockchain technologies make the world a more fair and free place for everyone
- Have the desire to work on open-source code and engage with the community
- Implement demos and proofs-of-concept before writing multi-page technical documents
- Create and find projects that provide value
- Have an obsession with code quality and performance
- Ship code when it is ready, not as soon as it passes unit tests
- Demonstrated capability in subject area (open source code or published work is a bonus)
- Rust, Golang, Java, or C++ programming experience
- Fully remote engineering team
- Competitive salary range ($158,400.00 - $208,200.00)
- Early-stage funding from reputable investors
- Opportunity to work with a global, world-class team
- Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity in the workplace
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.