This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this position is that VSCO is seeking a backend/server-side developer with strong experience in Go/Golang, distributed systems, and modern design patterns. The role involves writing, reviewing, and maintaining code primarily in Go, designing and implementing efficient and scalable distributed microservices, and collaborating with other engineers to ensure seamless integration between the frontend and backend. The ideal candidate should have a strong problem-solving ability, excellent communication skills, and the ability to drive product requirements and architecture discussions. Additionally, experience with cloud-based infrastructure and good CI/CD practices is desired.
- Write, review and maintain code primarily in Go
- Design and implement efficient and scalable distributed microservices for our platform
- Collaborate with Web and Mobile engineers to ensure seamless integration between the frontend and backend
- Ensure the performance, scalability and security of distributed microservices
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the team on server-side technologies
- Continuously monitor and improve the performance of the server-side infrastructure
- Help define strategic outcomes and lead projects that will drive value for our platform stakeholders, and help us meet business objectives
- 6+ years of experience in backend/server-side development
- Strong experience with Go/Golang, gRPC, REST, NoSQL and SQL database technologies
- Strong experience and knowledge in distributed systems and modern design patterns
- Good understanding of concurrency and multithreading patterns
- Familiarity with asynchronous messaging systems like Kafka/RabbitMQ
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Exposure to and experience with good CI/CD practices and tools (i.e use of GithubActions, CircleCI, Kubernetes, Docker etc…)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to drive product requirements and architecture discussions
- Passion for design and strong desire to contribute to a distributed team
- Experience with specific distributed data-stores such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch etc. as well as traditional SQL stores such as MySQL etc
- Familiarity with PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Python
- Passionate about driving innovation
- Eagerness to learn and grow within VSCO
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.