This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our team at iSpot.tv. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys building and optimizing data systems from the ground up and has a strong background in AWS, Spark, and architecting event-driven big data pipelines. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of a rapidly growing start-up and work with a team of analytics experts.
- Contribute to building and maintaining data pipelines as well as the implementation of the data lake and data warehouse
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies
- Collaborate with data science and engineering team members to create data tools that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Follow software engineering best practices with readable code that is in source control, testable, deployable, and appropriately documented
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Expertise in AWS, Spark, and architecting event-driven big data pipelines and data sets
- Experience with data modeling and databases (Redshift and Snowflake are nice to have)
- Expertise in a programming language outside of SQL (e.g. Python)
- Experience in problem-solving and finding issues
- Excellent communication skills
- A natural collaborator with a proven ability to work across teams to get things done.
- Target cash compensation range: $120,000.00 - $152,000.00 USD Annually
- Competitive, market-informed compensation including base salary, variable commission, and annual bonus targets
- Eligibility to participate in iSpot's equity plan to receive stock options
- Eligibility for (pre-approved) overtime pay for non-exempt roles
- Hybrid and flexible workplace policy
- Option to work as a full-time or part-time office-based employee or a fully remote employee
- Hybrid work schedule allowing for flexibility and consistency
- Local employees or those living in surrounding areas to one of the offices (Bellevue, WA; El Segundo, CA; New York, NY) work a hybrid schedule, coming into the local office 1-3 days a week
- Fully remote schedule for employees in roles not office-based and located further away from the offices
- Equal opportunity employer with consideration for race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status
- Assistance and reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the application or recruiting process
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.