This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
XTX Markets is seeking a senior candidate to join their research technology team in a role focused on designing and managing their datacentre infrastructure. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the design of the datacentre, selecting hardware, tuning operating systems, storage, and networks, as well as managing orchestration and observability. They will also be involved in writing software to ensure fair and efficient distribution of work on the compute cluster. This role offers the opportunity to work with one of the largest HPC clusters in the world and make a significant impact on the quantitative research function of the business.
- Contribute to all components of the HPC infrastructure and code
- Work on growing one of the biggest private compute clusters
- Write software for a compute cluster with large memory, CPU cores, GPUs, and storage
- Make improvements quickly and see immediate impact on the quantitative research function
- Implement an inhouse-written filesystem
- Change the host monitoring infrastructure
- Provision bare metal
- Change the observability system to a new lightweight high-performance metrics visualization system
- Have previous experience in a similar setting with large-scale compute
- Have strong coding skills, preferably in Python and at least one statically typed language
- Previous direct experience in a similar setting with large-scale-compute
- 5-10 years of experience in a relevant setting
- Strong coding skills, preferably with recent exposure to python and at least one statically typed language.
- Onsite gym, sauna, and fitness classes at no charge
- Extensive medical benefits including an on-site doctor and therapist at no charge
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Various supports for caregivers, including emergency dependent care
- Beautiful Kings Cross office
- 25 days paid holiday per year + statutory holiday and paid sick days
- Generous Pension contribution
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.