This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
PDT Partners, a quantitative investment manager, is seeking PhD graduates and experienced researchers to create and improve proprietary trading models and strategies. The successful candidate will work in small, nimble teams where merit and contribution drive the discussion, and will have the opportunity to conduct independent research and contribute to the long-term success of the research-driven algorithmic trading business. The ideal candidate will have solid mathematical and analytical ability, exceptional problem-solving and modeling ability, and experience in programming. The salary range for this role is between $190,000 and $200,000.
- Create and improve proprietary trading models and strategies
- Work closely with a deep bench of senior researchers
- Conduct innovative research with real-world impact
- Work in small, nimble teams where merit and contribution drive the discussion
- Foster an intellectually challenging environment that encourages collaboration and innovative ideas
- Work on the most critical and interesting problems with a focus on research rigor and standards.
- Education: PhD in Math, Science, Engineering and other relevant disciplines
- Experience Required: Entry-level (PhD Program) or Experienced (Postdoc, Faculty, Scientific Lab, Finance Industry)
- Work closely with senior researchers on a variety of trading strategies and research projects, with the opportunity to conduct independent research and originate research topics over time
- Contribute to the long-term success of our research-driven algorithmic trading business