This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Manager, Procurement role at Andela is responsible for leading the Procurement team to provide cost-efficient and timely infrastructural support and solutions. The role requires strong leadership skills to unite the team with a compelling sense of purpose and direction. The Manager, Procurement will also need to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, set performance standards, and foster talent development. Key responsibilities include developing strategies, evaluating spending operations, identifying suppliers, negotiating contracts, and monitoring price fluctuations. The ideal candidate should have a bachelor's degree in business administration, at least seven years of relevant work experience, and proficiency in G-Suite tools.
- Developing sound, cost-effective strategies for the goods or services used in the business
- Evaluating spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance service delivery
- Identifying potential suppliers based on project requirements
- Conducting cost analysis and setting benchmarks for improvement
- Negotiating contracts, terms, and deadlines with vendors and suppliers
- Monitoring and updating relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing
- Processing purchase orders to acquire goods
- Working closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company
- Attending meetings with the legal team, engineering team, vendors, and suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or relevant field
- At least seven years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience working in the operations field
- Experience in project management and data analysis, tools (excel, google sheets) and reporting is a plus
- Proficient in G-Suite tools (docs, slides, sheets, etc.)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
This is some text inside of a div block.