This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this role is that Twitch is seeking a Principal WebRTC Engineer to join their Real-time video team. Reporting directly to the VP of Video Clients, the engineer will be responsible for building a real-time video platform using AWS Interactive Video Service (IVS) that powers both Twitch and AWS customers. The engineer will work across client SDK and backend teams to create a world-class real-time video platform built on WebRTC. The role requires technical guidance on the vision of WebRTC within Twitch Video and IVS, as well as improving the WebRTC server and client stacks for increased efficiency and quality of service.
- 8+ years of experience in C++
- 8+ years of experience developing on WebRTC
- Deep understanding of signaling concepts for WebRTC
- Hands-on experience debugging and optimizing WebRTC stacks (both backend and client SDKs)
- Experience in design and maintaining C APIs
- Bachelors/master's degree in computer science or Engineering
- Bonus points for being an active member of the WebRTC community
- Bonus points for having changes accepted into libwebrtc mainline
- Bonus points for experience with low-level mobile development
- Bonus points for experience working in open source projects
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.