This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this position is that Rugged Robotics is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern to join their hardware team. The intern will be responsible for designing and manufacturing robotic solutions for the construction industry. They will work on developing, building, evaluating, and testing product solutions to meet the needs of construction customers. The intern will also be involved in designing motion actuators, enclosures, and cable harnesses, as well as making engineering decisions through simulations, tests, and analyses. Collaboration with vendors to refine designs and meet project timelines is also a key aspect of the role.
- Develop, build, evaluate, and test product solutions for construction customers
- Design rotary & linear motion actuators, enclosures, and cable harnesses for custom electrical components
- Use SOLIDWORKS to craft parts, construct assemblies, and create well-dimensioned drawings
- Make informed engineering decisions through simulations, tests, and analyses
- Collaborate with vendors to refine designs and deliver hardware on time
- Work with electro-mechanical or mechanical systems
- Create reliable products that exceed customer expectations
- Focus on the details of part design, including material selection and optimizing designs for manufacturing.
- Experienced working with electro-mechanical or mechanical systems from a prior internship, extra-curricular project, or lab research.
- Passionate about creating products that work reliably and exceed customer's expectations.
- Enjoy the gritty details of part design including material selection, crafting elegant features, and optimizing designs for manufacturing.
- Able to design rotary & linear motion actuators, enclosures, and cable harnesses for custom electrical components that minimize robot size, protect against shock & vibe, shield EMI, and guard against environmental factors.
- Proficient in using SOLIDWORKS to craft parts, construct assemblies, and create well-dimensioned drawings using GD&T that utilize a variety of manufacturing techniques including injection molding, CNC machining, metal casting, and sheet metal.
- Able to make informed engineering decisions by creating simulations, running tests, and conducting analyses with a range of techniques.
- Skilled in engaging and collaborating with vendors around the world to refine designs and deliver hardware to meet project timelines.
- Close collaboration with teammates
- Opportunity to work with electro-mechanical or mechanical systems
- Passionate about creating reliable products that exceed customer's expectations
- Involvement in part design, material selection, and optimizing designs for manufacturing & assembly
- Hands-on experience with prototyping, building, and debugging
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and learn new techniques & technologies
- Equal opportunity employer that values diversity
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.