This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Archetype Entertainment, a new game studio in Austin, Texas, is seeking a Lead Technical Artist to join their team and work on an unannounced science fiction game. The role involves heading up a team to build art tools and pipelines for a AAA game using Unreal technology. The Lead Technical Artist will collaborate with the Art Director to prioritize and architect the tools for the cross-discipline artists, while also analyzing tool usage and identifying new technologies to improve content production. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of experience in art tool and pipeline creation, technical expertise in programming and scripting, and a thorough understanding of video game development and production pipelines.
- Coordinate internal R&D for Art tools, production pipelines, and content creation.
- Lead and mentor other Tech Artists on the team.
- Partner with the Production Art Director in building a strategy and schedule for tools and pipeline construction.
- Collaborate with the rendering team to define art-related performance targets and budgets, and supervise the creation of tools to measure progress.
- Work hands-on to build and develop new Art tools.
- Analyze tool usage by the Art team to refine and streamline processes.
- Identify new tools and technologies to improve content production.
- 5+ years experience in Art tool and pipeline creation for interactive entertainment
- Broad knowledge across several art subject areas, including environment, character, VFX, UX, lighting, shading, and rendering
- Technical experience with tool-related programming and scripting
- Thorough understanding of video game development, art processes, and production pipelines
- Experience with Unreal technology
- Ability to coordinate internal R&D for Art tools, production pipelines, and content creation
- Leadership and mentoring skills to guide other Tech Artists on the team
- Collaboration with the Production Art Director to build a strategy and schedule for tools and pipeline construction
- Hands-on experience in building and developing new Art tools
- Analytical skills to analyze tool usage by the Art team and streamline processes
- Knowledge of emerging trends and technologies in video game content production
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time & Holidays
- Generous 401(k) match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Volunteer Program
- Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Product Discounts
This is some text inside of a div block.