This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Khan Academy is seeking an experienced data scientist to join their team in Brazil. The role involves partnering with the Latam schools team to drive engagement with their product and improve student outcomes. The ideal candidate should have a background in applied math, statistics, economics, or a related technical field, with 5+ years of experience in data science or analytics. They should also have strong SQL foundations and the ability to manipulate data using Python or R. The role reports to the Principal Data Scientist and is based in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Identify and measure success of our district team’s initiatives through target setting, forecasting, monitoring, and ongoing analysis of core outcome metrics
- Perform advanced exploratory analyses on large sets of data to extract insights on teacher and learner behavior and inform decisions on investments and initiatives
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to improve tools and datasets and work self-sufficiently with data pipelines (e.g. ETLs) on an as-needed basis
- Use your expertise in experimentation (i.e. AB testing, causal inference) to measure the impact of various programs and interventions
- Contribute to the development of analytics tools and data applications to enhance data access for the district team and Latam leadership, including the development of Latam dashboards to monitor the annual plan goals and objectives (KPIs and targets)
- Collaborate with efficacy researchers to provide curated datasets and/or dashboards for measuring learner outcomes
- Develop and maintain data dashboards to support the implementation in district partnerships and monitor the adoption of communities of practice with weekly or monthly updates of targets attainment
- Own and manage the prioritization roadmap for data initiatives and projects to support reach, engagement, and resource allocation throughout Latam.
- Background in applied math, statistics, economics, or a related technical field
- 5+ years experience in data science or analytics
- Strong SQL foundations & ability to manipulate data using Python (preferred) or R. We are SQL and spreadsheets heavy.
- Strong data storytelling, visualization and communication abilities; prior experience developing BI tools is a plus
- Knowledge of statistical (i.e. multiple regression, hypothesis testing) and machine learning techniques (i.e. clustering, decision tree learning, etc.) for real-world applications
- Prior experience with the end-to-end analytics chain is a nice to have (e.g. data modeling & ETL, BI tool development)
- Residence in the city of São Paulo and flexibility to periodically visit our office in São Paulo, Brazil, to interact with the Latam team
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world