This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As the Head of Product at Liminal, you will be responsible for leading the product strategy and vision for a validated AI security company. This role requires a hands-on, problem-solving leader who can shape and implement advanced product strategies, with a focus on developer and user experience. You will work closely with key stakeholders to develop and manage the product roadmap, ensuring alignment with business goals and customer needs. Additionally, you will be involved in exploring new technologies, defining metrics for product success, and ensuring regulatory compliance and security. This is an exciting opportunity to join the founding team of a well-capitalized AI-focused startup.
- Define and communicate product vision and strategy based on understanding of target market, competitive landscape, regulatory environment, and technological possibilities.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop and manage the product roadmap, ensuring alignment with business goals and customer needs.
- Constantly hunt for data from customers, community, and industry and allow it to shape product decisions.
- Own the agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) with stories, backlog grooming, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Explore new technologies and integration possibilities.
- Work collaboratively to develop pricing, marketing plans, positioning, core messaging, presentations, demos, and sales tools to support the launch of new products with customers.
- Define metrics to ensure product success and drive corresponding requirements to deliver on monitoring and actionability of these metrics.
- Partner with the legal and security teams to understand and navigate the regulatory landscape, ensuring that products are compliant and secure.
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify product use cases and drive key features, enhancements, and requirements.
- Participate in customer-facing events and user conferences as a product expert.
- 7+ years of product management and ownership
- Love for data driven decision making (with concrete examples)
- Scrappy and Proactive: you aren't afraid to reach out to users or dive into discussions. You proactively seek out new communities and engagement opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience leading a product from inception to scale, with multi-discipline teams (design/engineering)
- Understanding of how cloud native applications are architected and managed
- Experience leading a test-driven, agile development environment
- Broad thinker, strategic planner, analytical
- Definitive and decisive
- Patient, resilient, but with a high sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, AI, Data Science, or a related field. An MBA or equivalent advanced degree is preferred.
- Examples of products built requiring security certifications (SOC 2, HITRUST, etc.)
- History in highly regulated industries (Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Fintech, Biotech, Healthcare)
- Prior startup experience
- Ground-zero opportunity to join the founding team of a well-capitalized AI-focused startup
- Supported by one of the top-performing venture studios in the US
- Product leader for a validated AI security company
- Work with a team at the vanguard of Large Language Models (LLMs), deep learning, data privacy, and cybersecurity
- Hands-on, problem-solving leadership role
- Opportunity to shape and implement advanced product strategies
- Focus on simplified and high-quality developer and user experience
- Define and communicate product vision and strategy
- Develop and manage the product roadmap
- Constantly gather data from customers, community, and industry to shape product decisions
- Own the agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Explore new technologies and integration possibilities
- Collaborate on pricing, marketing plans, positioning, core messaging, presentations, demos, and sales tools
- Define metrics for product success and drive corresponding requirements
- Partner with legal and security teams to ensure regulatory compliance and product security
- Identify product use cases and drive key features, enhancements, and requirements
- Participate in customer-facing events and user conferences
- Competitive annual salary ($160k - $190k based on experience)
- Kind and positive work environment
- Trust and authenticity valued
- Encouragement of boldness, honesty, and directness
- Constructive discourse and challenging of assumptions
- Focus on understanding rather than consensus
- Empowerment and ownership of problem-solving
- Emphasis on curiosity and continuous learning
- Equal-opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.