This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Field Officer role at GiveDirectly is crucial to the success of the organization's field operations. They serve as the primary contact between GiveDirectly and the recipients, managing relationships with community leaders and ensuring recipient satisfaction. The Field Officer is responsible for safeguarding eligible recipients, protecting their rights, and providing necessary support for the impact of cash transfers. They also support the Field Manager in various field operations tasks. This role requires empathy, integrity, and a minimum of two years of experience working with communities.
- Conduct quality surveys with selected households and/or individuals either virtually or within target communities and sync the collected data every day after the field activities.
- Demonstrate maturity when dealing with and communicating community challenges and concerns with recipients and their leaders.
- Flag survey quality and implementation gaps to the Field Manager.
- Guide non-field guests to the field and help them understand GD field operations.
- Work closely with the safeguarding, tech team, and the people teams within the organization to ensure recipient protection, safeguarding, and support.
- Report in a timely manner any serious risks in the community to the Field Manager if the risk gets serious.
- Contribute to quarterly and annual team work plans and field productivity forecasts.
- Support onboarding of new team members and other GD staff.
- Provide full account of all resources received from the organization.
- Undertake FM delegated duties on office administration.
- Higher diploma or undergraduate degree holder.
- A minimum of two years working experience in the field with communities.
- Empathy, honesty, and the highest standards of integrity.
- Strong interest in advancing the mission of GiveDirectly.
- Higher diploma or undergraduate degree holder
- Minimum of two years working experience in the field with communities
- Empathy, honesty, and the highest standards of integrity
- Strong interest in advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work remotely
- High degree of confidentiality and anonymity
- Supportive and inclusive work environment
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Commitment to observing laws protecting children, vulnerable adults, and human rights
- Zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment
- Emphasis on recipient preferences and well-being
- Collaborative and team-oriented culture
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts