This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this position is that Reddit is seeking a leader for their Developer Experience team. The team is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting tools and processes that enhance developer workflows. The ideal candidate will have technical leadership experience, particularly in the areas of developer tools, library development, and API design. They will also have a strong focus on user experience and be able to collaborate effectively with various teams across Reddit Engineering. The role involves selecting and driving high leverage projects, building and mentoring a team, and continuously improving technical and non-technical abilities.
- Steer the team in selecting, scoping, and driving high leverage projects that align with Reddit's goals
- Build out the team to execute on a strategy and create more efficient and reliable developer workflows
- Mentor the ICs and be a leader for the Developer Experience team
- Collaborate with various teams across Reddit Engineering
- Learn and improve technical and non-technical abilities
- Provide technical leadership over high performing engineering teams
- Work on developer tools, library development, and API design
- Develop and manage teams focused on Go and Python
- Focus on user experience, usability, scalability, and quality
- Advocate for the user and understand how people think and interact with software at scale
- Have high empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise working across the entire engineering org.
- 3+ years with technical leadership over high performing engineering teams
- 3+ years experience working on developer tools, library development, API design
- 3+ years experience developing and managing teams focused in Go and Python
- Strong focus on user experience, usability, scalability, and quality
- High empathy and excellent communication skills
- Ability to find compromise working across the entire engineering org
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.