This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a technical manager to lead the Query Compiler team at Sigma Computing. The team is responsible for developing new evaluation semantics, novel system architectures, and robust testing mechanisms. The ideal candidate will have strong computer science fundamentals, solid expertise in Compiler implementation, language interpreter, SQL query optimization and database internals, and experience with modern languages like Rust, Go, etc. The role involves mentoring the engineering team members, enabling them to realize their potential and helping them set and work towards their career development goals. The base salary range for this position is $220k - $285k annually.
- Partner with the staffing team to recruit and build a diverse team of engineers with the right skillset.
- Instill a strong sense of ownership and accountability within the team wherein members hold each other to a high bar.
- Enable the team to realize their potential and help them set and work towards their career development goals.
- Participate in discussions pertaining to the architecture and implementation techniques to represent, translate and optimize user directives into optimized queries.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups - backend, frontend, design, product, customer support, sales and marketing to understand requirements for innovative features that deliver high customer value.
- Communicate roadmap and execution plans within the team and across the org to ensure alignment.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Solid expertise in Compiler implementation, language interpreter, SQL query optimization and database internals.
- Experience with modern languages like Rust, Go, etc.
- Proven ability to set aggressive, meaningful goals and achieve them.
- 5+ years of technical experience and 2+ years of people management experience.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.