This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
RevenueCat is seeking an engineering leader to join their mission-driven, remote-first company. With a focus on building tools for subscription measurement and experimentation, the company aims to provide developers with the insights they need to understand their business and increase revenue. The ideal candidate will have experience managing software engineering teams, working cross-functionally, and providing technical leadership. They should also be customer-obsessed and have a passion for improving product quality. Bonus points for experience in building developer tools and working closely with customer support.
- Build and lead a highly engaged distributed team by hiring, supporting, and coaching the team to deliver consistently and continuously seek ways to make an impact.
- Work cross functionally primarily with product, design, and support teams to set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling related challenges through thoughtful long term planning.
- Work with your team on the iterative execution of the roadmap and build efficient and transparent processes for consistent and predictable delivery.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Work with other engineering managers to continuously improve our organization and create a strong sense of ownership, belonging, and inclusivity.
- Get up to speed on our current technical projects.
- Meet every contributor on your team and understand what their areas of expertise are.
- Work with your team and understand how we do iterative development and the team processes.
- Collaborate with your design and product peers to understand current team priorities.
- Schedule 1:1’s with your team to get to know them better.
- Have shipped your first big feature and learned about what worked (and what didn't).
- Collaborate with the product and design team and deliver quarterly planning.
- Work with your team to define milestones and deliverables and ensure that the team is shipping iteratively and update our 30/60/90 day plan.
- Take joint ownership of the agile process with your product manager and hold the team accountable for sprint commitments.
- Understand the short and long term goals of your team, and help them with their career planning and progression.
- Work with the recruiting team and your peers to hire for the company.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 1+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
- Experience working cross functionally to build prioritized roadmaps for teams
- Ability to perform code reviews and bug investigation
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries to analyze data and find inconsistencies
- Strong focus on delivering value and quality software through iterative development cycles
- Ability to improve product quality and ensure it meets requirements and customer needs
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to engineers
- Experience coaching engineers in their career development
- Customer obsession and prioritization of customer outcomes and experiences
- Bonus: Experience building developer tools and working closely with customer support
- $200,000 USD salary regardless of location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Suggested 4 to 5 weeks time off to recharge and focus on mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for continuous learning and growth
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.