This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Engineering Intern position at OpenFin is part of their Internship Program, where candidates will have the opportunity to develop their skills and contribute to the Engineering team. The role involves working on various areas such as building React components, shaping the OpenFin Developer Experience, and contributing to the development of new features. Successful interns may be considered for a full-time permanent position or continue in a part-time capacity. OpenFin is a high-growth enterprise productivity tech company that provides a secure OS for the financial desktop, and they are backed by major banks and FinTech VCs.
- Contribute to the OpenFin UI Library by architecting and building accessible, extensible, and well-tested React components.
- Help shape the OpenFin Developer Experience by building automation and testing, documentation, prototypes, and giving tech talks.
- Contribute to building new features to deliver a best-in-class user experience in OpenFin products.
- Collaborate, write, talk, and dream about code that people will love to use.
- Build React components and ensure they are pixel perfect.
- Be aware of accessibility best practices, progressive enhancement, the DOM/Shadow DOM, and how React works.
- Familiarity and interest in using Typescript, Styled Components, and Framer Motion.
- Interest in learning cross-platform development for Mac and Windows using Electron and modern tools and frameworks like Webpack and NextJS.
- Code with empathy and consider the end user when writing code.
- Be intuitive, critical, and opinionated in determining what to work on and how to build it.
- Share knowledge, responsibility, and excitement for fixing software issues.
- Location: London, UK or Hybrid Remote
- Interested in developing skills and becoming a contributing member of the Engineering team
- Excited about learning new languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Willing to contribute to the OpenFin UI Library by architecting and building React components
- Able to shape the OpenFin Developer Experience by building automation and testing, documentation, prototypes, and giving tech talks
- Comfortable building React components and striving for pixel-perfection
- Familiar with accessibility best practices, progressive enhancement, the DOM/Shadow DOM, and React internals
- Interested in using Typescript, Styled Components, and Framer Motion
- Willing to learn cross-platform development for Mac and Windows using Electron, Webpack, and NextJS
- Code with empathy and consider the end user
- Intuitive, critical, and opinionated about the work and processes
- Willing to share knowledge, take responsibility, and fix issues when they arise
- Friendly, diverse, understanding, and supportive culture
- Opportunities for learning and innovation
- Regular offsite events, happy hours, and virtual social hours
- Employee Resource Groups to participate in
- Productive and enjoyable learning experience
- Recognition and awards for the company's achievements
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.