This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Director of Sales at Sensei Ag is responsible for selling produce and developing new business with high volume customers in the retail grocery, restaurant/food service, and wholesale produce distribution sectors. They will own the entire sales process, acting as a customer advocate while collaborating with farm operations to provide solutions for both the customer and internal team. The Director of Sales will also be responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue expectations, developing effective retail strategies, and cultivating existing client relationships. This role requires a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in outside sales/business development in perishables, as well as experience selling to major grocery chains and food service providers.
- Responsible for managing all sales of Sensei produce from our Leamington, Ontario facility.
- Meet, and exceed, business revenue expectations and objectives.
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams to develop effective retail strategies to drive profitable sales.
- Work with the farm operations team to develop an accurate demand plan to meet the needs of the customers and ensure that all produce is sold.
- Identify, qualify, pursue and close new opportunities.
- Cultivate and nurture existing clients to ensure customer satisfaction and initiate deeper engagement.
- Maintain regular and frequent contact with customer outlets to ensure programs are being executed and monitor competitive activity.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in outside sales/business development in perishables
- Proven experience selling to major grocery chains, food service, and wholesale brokers and distributors
- Experience in selling high volume (LTL/FTL) perishables
- Sharp, customer-focused presentation skills using visual tools
- Must be located within a 500 mile radius of Leamington, Ontario
- Working knowledge of syndicated data (SPINS/IRI, Nielsen)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of CRM (NetSuite, Salesforce, Hub Spot, Zoho)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paramedical Services
- Medical Supplies & Equipment
- Out of Province Emergency Medical Assistance
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Optional Voluntary Life, AD&D, Critical Illness
- Extended Healthcare
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
This is some text inside of a div block.