This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Director of Business Development at Verana Health will be responsible for selling and expanding the company's product offerings to life science customers. They will prospect contacts, generate qualified opportunities, win new business, and manage relationships with key customers. The role requires a deep understanding of the healthcare data and analytics space, particularly in selling data, services, and technology to executive stakeholders and end users within pharmaceutical companies. The Director of Business Development will also collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that address client challenges.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing customers/accounts
- Build, maintain, and manage sales pipeline and forecast to achieve individual bookings goals
- Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within accounts and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization
- Gain an understanding of competitive activities, positioning, and pricing
- Position yourself as a consultative subject matter expert and single point of contact between Verana Health and your customers
- Present healthcare data and licensing solutions to customers through various means such as product presentations, demonstrations, conference calls, etc.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that solve client challenges
- Drive all stages of opportunity development from coordinating proposals to contract negotiations and execution
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and Delivery team on account status and sales support tasks
- Communicate all account activity to Senior Sales Leader and/or appropriate individuals through the opportunity tracking systems
- 5+ years of experience in the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated experience selling healthcare data research assets and related analytic applications
- Experience with medical claims, prescription claims, EMR, etc.
- Successful at uncovering and developing sales opportunities with top 20 Pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Ability to operate effectively in a complex white-space, concept-driven environment
- Consistent track record of annual quota/revenue achievement
- Excellent client management skills
- Health, vision, and dental coverage for employees
- 100% coverage of employee insurance and 70% coverage for family
- Additional monthly $100 individual / $200 HSA contribution with HDHP
- Spring Health mental health support
- Flexible vacation plans
- Generous parental leave policy and family building support through the Carrot app
- $500 learning and development budget
- $25/wk in Doordash credit
- Headspace meditation app - unlimited access
- Gympass - 3 free live classes per week + monthly discounts for gyms like Soulcycle
This is some text inside of a div block.