This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this role is that Databento is seeking a developer advocate and community builder to bridge the relationship between their developers and diverse user base. The ideal candidate will have a passion for coding and financial markets, as well as engaging in conversations on these topics with a wide audience. Responsibilities include building and managing the user community on Slack, organizing virtual events, creating content to increase community engagement, and collaborating with engineering and product teams to improve the user experience and community resources. The minimum requirements include a bachelor's degree and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Desired qualifications include previous experience in roles such as developer advocate, community manager, or product manager, as well as knowledge in finance, fintech, data, or software engineering.
- Build and manage the user community on Slack, engaging in conversations about the product and trending topics in the fintech space.
- Organize virtual events that cater to the needs of the user base.
- Identify new marketing channels, lead generation opportunities, and advertising or sponsorship opportunities to attract a wide user base to the Slack community.
- Create content to increase community engagement on various channels, such as Slack and social media.
- Manage and maintain a newsletter for current and prospective users.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to create technical content and improve SEO.
- Monitor and report on feedback, reviews, and feature requests.
- Respond to customer queries, feedback, and reported bugs in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the product team and designers to enhance user experience and community resources.
- Improve community awareness of product features.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, applied math, finance, marketing, communications, business, management, journalism, writing or any field with an emphasis on writing or social skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous work experience as a developer advocate, community manager, support engineer, product manager, business development manager, consultant, sales representative or product evangelist.
- Knowledge in finance, fintech, data, machine learning or software engineering.
- Equal employment opportunities
- Non-discrimination in employment
- Consideration for applicants with arrest and conviction records
- Accommodation for individuals with disabilities
- Open to applicants with diverse skills and experiences
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.