This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Khan Academy is seeking an experienced data scientist to join their team and work closely with the India schools team. The role involves analyzing data to measure the success of initiatives, extracting insights about teacher and learner behavior, and using experimentation to measure the impact of programs and interventions. The data scientist will also contribute to the development of analytics tools and collaborate with efficacy researchers to measure learner outcomes. The ideal candidate should have a passion for education, a background in applied math or statistics, and 2-4 years of experience in data science or analytics.
- Identify and measure success of our school team’s initiatives through goal setting, forecasting, monitoring, and ongoing analysis of core outcome metrics.
- Perform advanced exploratory analyses on large sets of data to extract insights about our teacher & learner behavior and guide our decisions around investments and initiatives.
- Work with our engineering teams to improve the tools and datasets and work self-sufficiently with data pipelines (e.g. ETLs) on an as-needed basis.
- Use your expertise in experimentation (i.e. AB testing, causal inference) to measure the impact of various programs and interventions.
- Contribute to development of analytics tools and data applications to enhance data access for the schools success team.
- Collaborate with efficacy researchers to provide curated datasets and/or dashboards for measuring learner outcomes.
- Background in applied math, statistics, economics, or a related technical field
- 2-4 years experience in data science or analytics
- Strong SQL foundations & ability to manipulate data using Python
- Strong data storytelling skills
- Competitive salaries
- Remote-friendly workplace, i.e. option to work from home
- Flexible schedules
- Health and wellness benefits
- Paid time off and parental leave