This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Compliance Lead at Wise will be responsible for developing and managing the Wise Platform compliance team. This team will work alongside the Wise Platform Product team to ensure the launch and scaling of Wise Platform globally. The Compliance Lead will focus on developing scalable processes to identify and manage financial crime and regulatory compliance risks across various product types, markets, and integrations. They will also collaborate with product teams to define controls and interpret regulations, establish compliance risk tolerance, stay updated on emerging typologies and regulatory requirements, and communicate with partners about the compliance program. The ideal candidate will have experience in providing compliance support within financial services, team management skills, strong communication abilities, problem-solving attitude, and a willingness to travel.
- Develop a high performing compliance team looking after Wise Platform products.
- Collaborate with product teams to define controls and interpret regulation to ensure all new Wise Platform products globally have the right financial crime controls.
- Establish a compliance risk tolerance for Wise Platform ensuring we remain within Wise's Risk appetite globally.
- Keep an eye on emerging typologies and regulatory requirements around the world and implement changes as necessary.
- Understand Wise FinCrime controls and be comfortable working with our FinCrime product teams to make changes.
- Communicate with our partners about our compliance program and expectations. Be able to empathize and incorporate feedback into our internal processes as required.
- Be able to identify challenges to our regulatory permissions and work to unlock growth through new licenses as required.
- Provide Compliance support within Financial Services, preferably with a focus on Correspondent Banking, Third Party Payments (3PP), Marketplaces or Transactional Banking.
- Manage and build a team.
- Drive projects and control enhancements.
- Use regulations together with data to drive business decisions.
- Work in a fast-growing technology-driven environment.
- Travel as needed and up to 25% of the time as Wise offices are located across different countries.
- Legally authorized to work in the UK.
- Proven experience providing Compliance support within Financial Services, preferably with a focus on Correspondent Banking, Third Party Payments (3PP), Marketplaces or Transactional Banking
- Team management and building experience
- Strong communicator with experience driving projects and control enhancements
- Problem-solving attitude, with the ability to use regulations together with data to drive business decisions
- Experience (or interest) in working in a fast-growing technology-driven environment
- Willing to travel as needed and up to 25% of the time as Wise offices are located across different countries
- Legally authorized to work in the UK
- Competitive base salary up to £140,000 + RSUs
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
- Inclusive and diverse work environment
- Opportunity to work with a truly international team
- Respectful and empowering workplace
- Career progression opportunities
- Creative and empathetic approach to customer needs
- Commitment to mission-zero
- Access to Wise.Jobs for more information about working at Wise
- Stay updated with Wise through LinkedIn and Instagram.