This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
BrainStation is seeking a UX professional to lead the delivery of their 12-week User Experience Design Diploma program. The role involves teaching, researching, and further developing skills in a dynamic, project-based setting. The successful candidate will have experience as a User Experience Designer, expertise in industry-standard design tools, and a deep understanding of design thinking. They will also have experience teaching or mentoring, a passion for education, and a desire to create positive learning experiences. This role offers comprehensive benefits, flexible working hours, and the opportunity to define the education experience of the future.
- Teach the 12-week User Experience Design Diploma program
- Facilitate in-class activities, group discussions, demos, design challenges, and mentor students
- Co-create BrainStation's full-time User Experience Design Program
- Write and research new content to teach up-to-date design skills
- Apply BrainStation's "Agile Education" methodologies to continuously improve the educational experience
- Improve personal skills and collaborate with other BrainStation Educators to build digital platforms and tools for effective delivery of educational material
- Define the education experience of the future
- 2+ years experience as a User Experience Designer and a Bachelor's degree/Diploma relevant to the subject matter OR 8+ years work experience in the vocation
- Experience building and leading technical teams
- Expertise working with industry standard tools used to design and prototype software solutions, including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and InVision.
- A deep understanding of design thinking and the frameworks used by organizations to design highly usable software solutions
- Experience teaching, mentoring, managing projects and/or leading teams.
- An empathetic, inclusive, enthusiastic personality, and is someone who enjoys helping others and facilitating learning
- A proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A strong work ethic with the utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed
- A sincere passion for education and creating positive learning experiences for others
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits Package
- Retirement Planning
- Parental Leave Program
- New Device Allowance
- Socials, Outings & Retreats
- Culture of Learning & Development
- Flexible Working Hours
- Work from Home Flexibility